PHOENIX -- A monkey and 22 dogs were rescued from a burning Phoenix home on Thursday.
Phoenix Fire Cpt. Jonathon Jacobs said the fire likely started in the wood-burning stove of the home near 35th Ave. and Bethany Home Rd.
"It might have got too hot or it was just old or faulty and it breached into the attic area and is started a pretty destructive fire," he said.
None of the animals were injured and the homeowners were not home.
The monkey is a service animal and it is believed the homeowners ran a dog rescue program at the home.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
Voice For A Better Arizona
- Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.