People have come in from all over to be in Arizona for either the holidays or the two exciting bowl games.
Due to the influx of vacationers, Sky Harbor will be experiencing a high volume of passengers for the next few days.
"It's going to be busy here at least through Monday or Tuesday," said airport spokesperson Deborah Ostreicher.
The airport has provided the following tips to help make the experience easier:
• Bringing home a game program? Please place your program in your carry-on bag rather than checked luggage. Because the shape, size and materials used in the programs, they're not easily identified in the checked baggage screening process and may cause luggage to be hand-searched.
• Make sure to allow time to check in and get through Airport security. Travelers are advised to arrive to the Airport a minimum of two hours before flight departure.
• Travelers who need to return a rental car should be aware that the Rental Car Center may be busy the day after the games. Arrive at the Rental Car Center early to allow for transfer to the terminals, check-in, and security.
• Sky Harbor has a mobile website. Visit skyharbor.com on your mobile device for Airport information. You can even find out what shops and restaurants are near your gate.
• Have additional questions while in the Airport? Ask one of our volunteer Navigators in the purple jackets for help, visit an Information Counter, or ask any one of our friendly Operations staff. We are here to assist you.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.