As the holiday decorations are dusted off and hung, the Arizona Humane Society is reminding pet owners to keep their animals safe this season.
According to AHS, pet owners should keep animals away from the following hazards:
• Holiday plants: poinsettias, mistletoe, holly and Christmas rose are toxic to animals
• Holiday decor: tinsel, ribbon, glass ornaments and gift wrap can become a choking hazard
• String lights
• Toxic tree water
• Holiday food: the fat content in a traditional holiday meal can lead to belly aches or worse for pets
• Chocolate and alcohol
AHS also reminds pet owners to make sure pets have a collar with proper identification if owners are leaving town for the holiday. Pet owners should also try to keep their pet's routine on track with scheduled feeding times and walks.
- Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.