Register | Forgot Your Password? | Close

GLENDALE, Ariz. -- A maintenance employee at a Glendale high school was taken to a hospital after he suffered an electrical shock while working on equipment.

Glendale Fire Department spokesman Michael Young said the field's sprinklers kicked on Wednesday morning while the Deer Valley High School employee was working on the baseball field.

The sprinklers sprayed water on the worker and electrical equipment.

The worker complained of arm pain and chest and shoulder discomfort and was brought to a hospital to be examined.

Associated Press,

share this story:
Attention KTAR.com Comment Users: We have recently changed our comments boards.
We would like you to be part of the conversation and The Voice of Arizona by logging in with your Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or Disqus account. Existing KTAR (Arizona Sports) account members will need to create a Disqus account or use one of the aforementioned social media logins. Thank you.
comments powered by Disqus

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health

    World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus

    KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.