Close
Bonneville Phoenix Network
 KTAR News
 Arizona Sports
92.3 FM KTAR
Menu
Social
Latest News
Updated Nov 30, 2012 - 5:23 pm

One hospitalized in Glendale Hazmat situation

A Glendale Fire Department Hazmat crew prepares to check out a scene where one man was hospitalized after inhaling nitric acid fumes. (Twitter photo/@Glendale Fire))

A 43-year-old man is in serious condition after inhaling nitric acid fumes on Friday, the Glendale Fire Department said.

Six one-gallon bottles of nitric acid were found by the man near a dumpster at mobile home park near 67th Ave. and Glendale.

"The park manager, who discovered the bottles, picked one of them up," said Michael Young with Glendale Fire. "One of the bottles was leaking nitric acid and he did inhale some of the fumes which made him very ill. He has been transported to the hospital."

It is unknown who left the bottles.

Glendale Ave. was shut down between 63rd and 67th avenues while Hazmat crews investigated. It was reopened about 5:15 p.m.

World Class Arizona

  • Dignity Health World Class People. World Class Company. Excellent care, delivered with compassion, for all in need.

Voice For A Better Arizona

  • Family in Focus KTAR spends the week taking a look at the issues a modern Arizona family faces.

About the Author


Comments

comments powered by Disqus
Latest News