The Brian Terry Foundation, created in the memory of the last fatal shooting of a Border Patrol agent, released the following statement following a fatal Tuesday shooting involving Border Patrol. One agent was killed and another was wounded.
The statement has not been altered in any way.
"Today's shooting of two U.S. Border Patrol agents near Naco, AZ is a tragic reminder of the dangers faced by the brave men and women who patrol our borders and keep our nation safe. It is also a graphic reminder of the inherent dangers that threaten the safety of those who live and work near the border. It's a stark reminder of the armed criminals who roam the border seeking to do harm to those who cross their paths.
The family of slain Border Patrol Agent Brian Terry extends its heartfelt prayers and condolences to family of the Border Patrol agent who lost his life and to the family of the agent who was shot and has been hospitalized.
We hope that those responsible for this shooting are brought to justice swiftly. The fact that the agents involved in this shooting were assigned to the recently dedicated Brian A. Terry Border Patrol Station in Naco, AZ gives us pause to reflect on the life lost and the continued task of keeping our nation safe."
- Utah flags lowered for Ivie memorial
- Fallen border agent's family forgives shooter
- Slain border patrol agent laid to rest
- Union: Agents opened fire on each other
- Report: Agent killed by friendly fire
- Funeral for slain US border agent set
- Shooting could have been friendly fire
- Brother remembers Ivie's love for Mexico
- Mexico holds 2 in connection with shooting
- Report: Arrests made in killing of agent
- Authorities face tough probe in shooting
- Chase leads to officer-involved shooting
- McCain: No surprise if suspects are cartel
- Family: Border agent who died loved to help
- Border Patrol statement on shooting
- Brewer statement on fatal border shooting
- McCain statement on fatal shooting
- AZ AG statement on Border Patrol shooting
- Terry Foundation statement on BP shooting
- Terry family statement on border shooting
- Eyes on Education A view of Arizona's education system from all angles.