Christian Bale, who plays Bruce Wayne and his superhero alter ego Batman, is reportedly in Aurora, Colo. to visit victims of the "Dark Knight Rises" shooting.
According to the Denver Post, Warner Brothers, the studio that produced the latest Batman trilogy, confirmed the report.
"Mr. Bale is there as himself, not representing Warner Brothers," said an assistant for Susan Fleishman, executive vice president for Warner Brothers corporate communications.
Bale and his wife, Sibi Blazic, also visited a memorial for the victims of the shooting.
Twelve people were killed in the shooting and 58 more were injured.
- Friends see Ariz. victim as true hero
- Report: Batman star visits Colorado victims
- Rob: Who uses tragedies to push agendas?
- CNN interviews family of Ariz. man killed
- McMahon: An open letter to Russell Pearce
- Colorado shooting victim from Ahwatukee
- Victims names emerge in Colo. shooting
- Understanding shooter's possible mindset
- 12 killed, scores wounded in theater shooting
- Phoenix PD increasing presence at theaters
- Witness: 'We thought it was part of the movie'
- AZ theaters make changes after CO shooting
- Former Phoenix cop reacts to Colo. shooting
- Shooting victim posts photos of his wounds
- Former FBI agent: Shooter hoped to kill more