Gov. Jan Brewer's statement on the high court's health care ruling:
"Today's decision by the U.S. Supreme Court flies in the face of what most Americans know to be true: ObamaCare is an overreaching and unaffordable assault on states' rights and individual liberty.
"For defenders of freedom and the free market, the decision to uphold ObamaCare is nothing short of disheartening. The ramifications are sure to be vast, including a new tax on middle class Americans and the erosion of individual liberty as Americans begin to see their health insurance choices dictated by an overbearing federal government.
"Everyone recognizes that the American health care system is not perfect. Costs are too high, and accessibility remains a hurdle for many Americans. But the answer to rising health care costs is not -- and will never be -- Big Government. We need real, responsible reform. We need the innovation of states like ours - states that have enacted leading health care models promoting private sector competition, consumer choice, quality coverage and controlling costs.
"True reform will spring from sovereign states that are free to provide the coverage that best meets the needs of their citizens at a price they can afford. I stand ready to work alongside Congress, state legislators and stakeholders alike in developing sound proposals that enhance choice and competition and bring stability and predictability to our health care marketplace.
"If nothing else, today's decision officially sets the stakes for the November election. It is now up to the American people to save our country from the fiscal and regulatory nightmare known as ObamaCare. Come November, we must elect a President who understands the economy, represents free enterprise and respects the Constitution and individual liberty.
"If Arizonans are to have access to the health care they need from the provider they choose, ObamaCare must be fully repealed."
Related: Health Care Decision
- Obamacare is upheld (mostly). 3 takeaways.
- Obama calls Supreme Court ruling a 'victory'
- What does the ruling mean for you?
- Dr. Benjamin Update - Healthcare Costs
- Bruce St. James' PlayList, ObamaCare Style
- Brewer urges repeal of Obama health care
- Schweikert, Quayle stunned on health care
- Arizona gears up to battle law
- High court upholds Obama health law
- High court ruling vindicates Obama
- Romney: Ruling on health law wrong
- Coverage for most, a scramble for states
- Kyl, McCain, Pastor respond to ruling
- Photos: Obamacare Ruling